Last Christmas..

Songs have been integral part of my existence. It takes significant chunk of my time. Being not so enthusiastic to have any kind of conversation, listening songs keep my mind sane and engaged. I usually stay within my environment and generally don't sneak outside that. Exploring is something which means self-assigned work to me, and I avoid it happily. It all started with tape-recorder which my brother bought in our 11th-12th standard. The radio introduced me with these difficult to understandable English songs. It’s not that on TV we don't use to come across these songs. But one particular feature of that cassette-cum-radio player which helped me captures the moments. It was recording songs played on radio in cassettes. Someone who didn’t had access to internet or in fact to computers such help was in itself big enough to value it. Well, at least for me it was exclusive thing to have. Moreover it was accident introduction to this feature of recording at will, which glued me to understand the English songs by keep repeating lines of songs which just could not understand in one go.


Something do happen on purpose, or it comes in notice when that’s in your back of mind. Same happened with me, i was getting interest in these English songs and I came across lyrics of some classic English songs in newspaper. This just gave good push to my inclination to these lovely songs. It’s not that I don’t like Hindi songs. But these English songs intrigued me and gave me sense of what people other than my cultured people think or feel about each other. I got hooked to the way they have romance or love or even non-caring things.

I still remember one of early songs which just bounded me for quite long time. It was none other than Celine Dion's "That's the way it is".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2xg43Z6TCM

Honestly, the way that songs hold you and ask you to believe yourself and in strength of love that no reason can argue with that. More than that it ask you to look for answers in Love. The way it admits that ok these things do bound to happen, but it also tells "That’s the way it is..". The power of Celine voice compelled me to research more on her. And hence later found two more gems of her which stayed with me in my heart. "My heart will go on.." specially the song having dialogues of the Titanic movie, which enriches the feeling and essence of words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-LF3RgB2nw

"A New Day has come.." is one song which can't be brought alive by any other than Celine Dion. This song kept me fascination alive for long time. The vibration in her voice make you hold your breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VIQ3Mo2x9w

But after that for long I didn’t saw much from Celine. It’s strange that she abruptly stayed away singing more gems for us.

The one man which made me dance on his tunes was Enrique Iglesias. He stormed the world stage with his number called "Escape". It was time when me, my friends were struggling in hot summers of Delhi. This was one song which helped me forget my worries for that time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mQJaXwGPlg

His shivering voice and charisma was unmatched. This song just got imprinted on my heart. I can very well say it was song of my generation. AND Anna Kornikova made the video burning :) “You can run, you can hide.. but you can't escape my love..”

Thereafter his many songs kept him my favorite singer of that time. Songs like "Hero", "Addicted", and “Tired of Being Sorry" was few above average songs which keep him floating. Of lately find his "Somebody's Me" good song to hear. But no great stuff from him lately. Quite Sad!!!

There was one song which I heard later but had its impact. That’s was "It’s my life" Bon Jovi left his one and only impact through this song.

Along with Bon Jovi the other singer which got my attention in initial phase of my infatuation was Bryan Adams. His songs like "Everything I do..", "Please forgive me.." and "Have you ever really loved a women.." were like food for romantic people. Bryan never left lasting impression over me as he mastered one kind of genre of songs. More respect and attention was fetched by MLTR. They kept me busy with their few lovely songs. Among many "Blue Night" kept me going. Like Bryan MLTR were too romantic band. It was phase when I was in College and had access to internet. Till then I use to considered Bryan and MLTR Prince of Romantic Songs, until I heard classic old songs (not very old) of Air Supply. I was blown away by their two great songs.

"All Out of Love.."... www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr3dJxeT4oA
&
"Making Love out of Nothing".. www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ4wDIs21Mk

This was time when these songs along with couple of Hindi songs bring out romantic-me.
These two songs just are like song of my heart.. If there would have been any love anthem then these two would have.. but alas.. Never got chance to sing those songs keeping in mind anyone.. just DreamGirl..

Passing college and initial few months of job got attention to all these songs.. Then come era of YouTube.. Well, well, well.. Anything which my hypothetical girlfriend would have jealous of.. was my time spending on YouTube..

It just gave me wing... I heard hundreds of songs.. night after night and that too with lyrics.. well that brought me closer to average and lovely songs.. As before that it was pain to identify and listen song.. understand them.. n then find out.. hmm it’s not of my type..

But with YouTube things changed. Tiny popular song has lyrics based video on YouTube. It helped me link to song of which I loved music or voice but was kept away because of inability to understand lyrics.. This brought me closer to rock songs.. Coldplay, Black Eyed Pea, U2, Pink, Bruce Springsteen, Hoobastank, Green Day, Tokyo World and many more..

Some songs were attached to our DLF phase 3 stay..
Songs like "Smack that.." by akon which remain caller tune of my mobile for long time. "My Hump.." by Black Eyed Pea which was anthem of our room.

Singers like Jason Marz, Mika, John Mayer, James Blunt, Rihana, Pink, Owl City, James Morrison, and Sean Kingsten are product of YouTube.
Among songs which still have enough in it to get listed in DJ Superstar by Jamilia is one of them. It still rocks. Of late no single person could hold the imagination. It’s like everyone chipping in to get their attention.

Recently songs which kept me loyal towards them are:

1. Bad Day by Danial Powter.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg
2. A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz .. www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Mz_kyRlWY
3. Please Don’t leave Me by Pink.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH1IE8R-P9o
4. Saltwater and Fireflies by Owl City.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4
5. What Hurts the most by Rascal Flatts.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FlhxIibB0
6. One Last Chance by James Morrison.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5k8ZYvvcc
7. Yellow by Coldplay.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxLTCQop2I
8. I'll go crazy if don’t go crazy tonight by U2.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q_AHAMVQ9c

There are hundreds of more which I can go back to and still hold their place in my playlist.
Last but not least.. one song which I liked a lot and still close to my heart is.. "Last Christmas.." by George Michael..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1zWafQF1hc

Merry Christmas to all.. God Bless All..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Visit

A Legacy

What needed for Excellence - Harsha Bhogle