Lost-Battle. Tricked. Flinched.

“Lost-Battle..”

From the beginning, I knew it is a lost battle.

In fact, I picked the battle knowing I can never win it.

It is easier to do something when you sure of the outcome.

Because if some battles are not lost, will engulf you within it.

...

“Tricked..”

Everyone told me I don’t smile anymore.

Over the years, I realized it is easy not to smile.

It takes a lot to smile; to lie; to hide; to reciprocate when I don't want to.

After a long time, I felt to be myself when not smiling at all.

Everyone initially confronted. They misunderstood me.

In the end, they accepted me as one who doesn’t smile.

Just to appreciate back, I smiled back, thinking what’s the harm.

They noticed. They called it out. “See, you seem happy now!”.

Once again I got tricked.

Now again, it takes a lot to smile; to lie; to hide; to reciprocate when I don’t want to.

It was easy not to smile, even when I want to.

...

“Flinched..”

Deep inside we were never sure.

Maybe this was meant to be ended.

Seems we forgot to plan the exit strategy for it.

Never thought it would go well so far.

We knew how bad we are in this.

Still, it didn’t shatter on its own.

None of us sure, how to deal with it.

It has now become a stare-down;

Where we are waiting for one of us to take a fall.

Our talks are becoming glorification of failures.

I could sense it is coming.

Finally. I Flinched.

Maybe it is just me, who thought that way.

But then, either way, we made it happened.

Maybe this was meant to be ended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Visit

A Legacy

What needed for Excellence - Harsha Bhogle