“I don’t know, I need time.” she says.

It was a sudden, unresolved ending to our series of meetings.

Just like our marriage.


“Where we will sit & discuss?” On the first day, standing on a footpath opposite her apartment, my overwhelmed mind got distracted by such trivial concern.

It was our third meeting in three days. Unlike the first two days, people around me don’t bother me much now. This time, she was on time. Seems by now, she comfortable sharing that footpath with me, while we trying to untangle ourselves from this mess. But by now, there were more questions, than what I came with.

“So, what's now?” I abruptly asked, hoping those hundreds of questions which shooting pain in my head, will vanish away. And unexpectedly, it did. She took a moment and replied, “I don’t know, I need time..” Now, all my questions at that moment become irrelevant; just like me in her life.

We hardly spent more than an hour standing there, yet we both were exhausted. It would have been a hectic day in the office for her, just like the first two days. And seems to wait the whole day, drowned me too mentally. We finally call it a night. I still had two more days to figure out our lives. Five days will be good enough to do so, I thought so.

But then, I was already on my way back. It was a sudden, unresolved ending to our series of meetings. I could not figure out while standing there on the footpath, what next we could talk.

Halfway back in the journey, sitting there on the bus, all of sudden my heart sank. As the darkness inside that bus, my mind too could not see anything ahead. While coming, I thought I would figure out what’s troubling her. Seems, now I am taking back with me the burden she was carrying all alone; Along with that the answer to all the questions, which is: “I don’t know, I need time..”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Visit

A Legacy

What needed for Excellence - Harsha Bhogle