"How come a Can of Beer will help me sleep?" I doubt.

“Which one will help me sleep?”, staring at all kinds of bottles in the showcase of that wine shop, being teetotaler I was struggling to pick one, not sure, which could be appropriate for the occasion.

Before here, I was at a medicine store near my rented duplex. But then there, could not ask for sleeping pills. I was afraid, without a prescription, shop-owner may think I may be planning suicide. Now, it is one more thought, which got stuck in my mind with the rest of the ones.

It’s already 1 pm, dressed for the office, yet not ready to leave for work. It’s been the third time this week, I could not leave. These thoughts just could not leave; just stays there, all the time looping in my mind, ever. I am unable to figure my way out, out from this maze; a maze of choices and consequences I have made and yet to make.

After the sleepless night, holding that Can of Beer, for the last half an hour, I was not sure, will it work. Any possible way out I could think of was not able to conclude, whether any of it will work or not. That's how my doubt also grew on that can of beer too. “How come this Can of Beer will help me sleep?” I doubt.

All my thoughts glaring towards my upcoming bankruptcy. I just started building something of my own. But now seems, my actions are about to put my family lose everything they had built all their lives. How come with all that in my mind, this Can of beer will help me sleep?

Now holding that empty Can of beer, starring it hard, strangely I was relieved of its failure. Relieved that it didn’t work. I was wide awake. Seems I didn’t want it to work that way. How come a Can of beer will help me sleep, my headache is not that light, which a Can of beer can fix.

But then that empty Can of beer made me realize, that actually, nothing out there can help me. I need to give away my fears, and embrace whatever is left within me, even if whatever left is nothing more than emptiness. At that moment, I accepted to be that empty Can of beer, and ready to work my way up again. Start from nothing and build it again whatever I had earlier and lost now. I am nothing but just got pushed behind by few years; I become empty again, nothing more, nothing less.

That night, I slept like a year-old baby. How come a Can of beer will help me sleep..

Cheers !!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Visit

A Legacy

What needed for Excellence - Harsha Bhogle