“Lost-Battle..” From the beginning, I knew it is a lost battle. In fact, I picked the battle knowing I can never win it. It is easier to do something when you sure of the outcome. Because if some battles are not lost, will engulf you within it. ... “ Tricked” Everyone told me I don’t smile anymore. Over the years, I realized it’s easier not to smile. It takes a lot to smile— to lie, to hide, to reciprocate when I don’t want to. For the first time in a long while, I felt like myself— when I wasn’t smiling at all. At first, everyone confronted me. They misunderstood. Eventually, they accepted me as the one who doesn’t smile. Just to return the gesture, I smiled back, thinking— what’s the harm? They noticed. They called it out: “See, you seem happy now!” Once again, I was tricked. And once again, it takes so much to smile— to lie, to hide, to reciprocate when I don’t want to. It was easier not to smile, even when I wanted to. ... “Flinched..” Deep inside we were never sure. Maybe this was...
Comments
Post a Comment